How computer technology is transforming the lives of children in Guatemala.Continue Reading
Orphan Outreach is seeking an individual to provide administrative support to all functions of the ministry, specifically in the missions department. Basic responsibilities include data base entry and maintenance, assistance with the preparation and organization of mission trips, and other duties as assigned.
- Data base entry and maintenance of all donations and receipting
- Handling details and administration of mission trips
- Assisting with the overall trip planning process, from preparation before a trip to follow up with teams after a trip.
- Maintain filing system of paperwork and financial records of trip participants
- Mission trip travel arrangements; passports and visas, mailings
- Communicating with volunteer and mission interests and engaging them to get involved in the ministry
- Organizing Orphan Outreach donation room and maintain inventory of supplies
- Participating in staff meetings
- Minimum 40 hours per week
- Strong ability to handle administrative details
- Effective organization skills
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to carry out detailed oral and written instructions
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Self-motivated and disciplined work habits, ability to work independently
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to complete tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance
- Flexible and productive under pressure; ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround.
- Ability to take effective action without having to know the total picture
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and phone calls
- Interpersonal skills, can relate well to others
- Effective team player, a “can-do” attitude
- Poised, confident demeanor with patience and calm resolve during high-pressure situations
- Familiar with eTapestry or Donor Database Software or very adept at learning new software.
- Willing to take initiative to learn and adapt donor database software to meet the needs of the ministry
- High level of proficiency with personal computers (Mac preferred) and Microsoft Office applications
- Minimum of 1-2 years in administration and donor database management
- Professional or volunteer experience in working with children, child development, poverty alleviation, non-profit administration or equivalent experience preferred
- Overseas travel – has an understanding of the details and logistics involved in international travel
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; commitment to Christian principles, both professionally and personally
- Highly organized and very attentive to details
- Commitment to understand Orphan Outreach’s current ministry and history
- Involved in local church; understands the role and value of the church as advocates for orphans
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and a completed application form to the Human Resources Manager at:
Attn: Human Resources
2001 West Plano Parkway, Suite 3700
Plano, Texas 75075
or by fax to (972) 941-4434
or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in Orphan Outreach. If you meet the qualifications for an available position and would like to be part of the ministry at Orphan Outreach, please download the application file and send the completed application to the address shown in the instructions included with position description.
It is important that:
- The application is completed and signed; and
- You specify in your application the job title and salary range for the position of interest.